Tuesday 31 October 2017

Good Enough




I'm home. I'll tell you everything that happened in hospital, later, when I am ready. Thank you for all your love, support, and kindness, my dear friends all over the world. You can't imagine how much your encouragement mean to me. You reminded me about the beauty of life, of friendship, of hope, when I needed it.

I didn't get any help from Finnish public health care. What I did get was an experience that could cause nightmares for a long time if I'd choose that way. Which I won't. Life is too precious, too beautiful, and too fragile to spend in bitterness, negativity, and hatred. So, I surround myself with all things beautiful in life, with as much love as humanly and heavenly possible, with smile, with gratitude. And, I'll find a way. If one door closes, there are plenty of others, and after that, windows...

I have lived my whole life being honest and real, just me, not pretending to be anything more, anything less. This incident thought me one thing. Being honest isn't always the best way to deal with bureaucracy. Being just myself isn't always good enough for someone wanting to think ill of me. Being honest and real gives others so much weapons that being real might turn against us. But you know what? I have thought this a lot, and cannot regret, as I can look at the mirror and smile to myself, I can stand behind my words and behaviour. I don't need to regret anything. Being just the real me has always been the right thing in the end.

One song fits so well to my thoughts I'd love to share it with you.  (You see, I'm really back, with all the quotes and songs.) I've told you many times how much the lyrics of Finnish artist and song writer Juha Tapio mean to me. They give me strength, hope, and courage. This song, Kelpaat kelle vaan, is one of them. "You made it, and you're good enough for anyone." I think we all need to hear it sometimes, we made it, we are enough. Just as we are, real me and you, it's enough.


Kelpaat kelle vaan/ You're Good Enough for Anyone
Juha Tapio


For a moment still, this side of the world

for a moment still, sleeps a white night

You wonder how something can hurt so much

Your best years, they were all stamped on the ground



I can't know even half of your pain

all the words stay useless in the air

but in one morning, I know it,

you wake up to see

you made it, and you're good enough for anyone



And you're beautiful, even though you don't feel like it anymore,

even though they took your faith in humans

For a moment still, half of the world sleep

just a moment still, the bright morning will arise



I can't know even half of your pain

all the words stay useless in the air

but in one morning, I know it,

you wake up to see

you made it, and you're good enough for anyone

No comments:

Post a Comment