Wednesday 11 October 2017

Is This Really Happening?



Can you believe it? I'm in hospital now, and it's officially the first time in my very fragile life I'm honestly fearing for my life. In hospital. In Finland celebrating the 100th anniversary of independence. Highly educated, highly polished, highly praised country of Scandinavian high technology, sophistication, science, and civil rights. 

I have with me a huge folder of scientific medical research texts, official statements, all stating that I need and are entitled for my empirical research medication, to the point of molecule level justification why I need this medication keeping me literally breathing and alive. (The one bureaucrats decided to take away from me when they decided to restrict the rights of my M.D. without legally pounding justification. The one bureaucrats admit I need but nobody wants the responsibility to write prescriptions.)

And what I hear? After a whole exhausting day of taking care I get my "appropriate and real" myasthenia gravis medication on time (the one this specific clinic has prescript in the first place), as I need it every 2 hours and not once got it without especially asking for it, I heard matter-of-factly "your treatment will be closed down tomorrow". Yes, you heard me. Closed down, not like "we'll discuss about your medical issues tomorrow" or "we'll think about this medical treatment tomorrow" or even “we have read all the papers and decided…”. I'd be very interested indeed to hear the scientific justification for the decision if I wouldn't be this terrified. 

How this can be happening in a highly-sophisticated country like Finland? They don't listen to an individual experience of a citizen nor scientific facts. Just because, you know, power feels so damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment