Saturday 6 May 2017

Light in the Heart

...that's what I have been thinking lately. Light in the heart. It makes life so much easier. It might not make the steps nor pain any lighter. But somehow it's easier to breathe when you have a light in your heart. And a light in your heart means a light in the eyes too, and suddenly life seems so much worth living for.



Maybe it's spring, and the light that made me think all this. Although for me spring means more pain, more days in bed, more fatique, more this side of life not so bright, not light, not beautiful. I think, however, I have been built in a way that more the pain, there is more beauty to be seen. And oh, how much there is beauty around me. Of course there are those dark days, we all have them, but...



Well. I heard a lovely song yesterday by Johanna Kurkela I want to share with you. It's Finnish, but I found a translation. Original one you can find here, and it is so worth listening to, even if it's Finnish, because you just cannot help smiling after that.

A Light Person

You know a route to the horizon
You laugh light to the world
You draw wind's curls
To your room's window
You collect fragments of joy
Drops of sun
You have the sky of January in a panther case
I think that you have angel eyes
And better than the others
You see June's ultramarine winds
Brighter than the others
Colours especially
I think that those are the eyes of an angel
They see the sky more precisely
You know what the birds sing about
And where the clouds will descent
You can be really quietly
Without talking like a tree
And if your heart breaks
It will break completely
But only for a while
Maybe for an hour at most
I think that you have angel eyes
And better than the others
You see June's ultramarine winds
Brighter than the others
Colours especially
I think that those are the eyes of an angel
They see the sky more precisely
You have the ability to grab my had
Let the sad one just mourn their sorrows
On rainy days especially
It's good that you are
Just like that
A light person
I think that you have angel eyes
And better than the others
You see June's ultramarine winds
Brighter than the others
Colours especially
I think that those are the eyes of an angel
They see the sky more precisely
I don't mean to say I am a light person; that song just made me smile. And find words to the thoughts I've been thinking. We cannot always choose, we cannot always pursue ourselves to be happy or see light everywere, or anything beautiful for that matter. Life might sometimes seem pointless, but I hope that, in your eyes, it will never seems to be not worth living for. There is always light, somewhere. 



Yesterday was, as Fridays usual, a day in bed, in several tubes, having an infusion. Somehow I have learned to wait those days. It means a bit of uncomfortable feelings too, but oh, how they make me be grateful for all the other days being able to live my not-so-ordinary-normal life. I think all those brave souls and strong persons forced to live in hospital beds and with tubes and other stuff in them all days long, every day, and just swallow all my complaints and try to be a good girl.



Having to stay in bed so much, my husband has helped me to arrange our bedroom to be my happy place. I know. I have the most wonderful husband in the whole wild world. He knows before me when it's going to be a worse moment, leads me to rest a bit, helps me to breathe when my lungs forgot how to do their job,  somehow knows when I have a low day and bring me flowers or a new pink handbag just like the other day (I know!!!),  or just be there, for me, a shoulder, a supporting word here and there. We have been married 19 years soon and well, I just don't know how much more one can love another than we each others, and I am sure that is the reason I can so easily smile everyday. But actually, I was talking about a happy place...



I know there are lots and lots of you brave souls there, staying in bed just now, like me now writing this. You might have done this already, but I recommend it, if it have not occured to you earlier. Make the bedroom your happy place too. We arranged some space for my table next to my bed (yes, a big old house, big old rooms, our priviledge) and this way I can just pop in and out of bed and write a line to a letter or decorate a tiny bit of a journal page at a time, or put my coffee cup on the table next to me. There are flowers, paintings, beautiful items, and so much light there could be in our bedroom.

And this is important: bed linen! I learned this from my hero friend, who stays in bed all days long. Use only the sweetest, cutest, most comfortable, and loveliest bed linen you could think of. Because think of how many hours you spend between them! And ours, we never use any kind of covers, because our bed is always unmade: hey, I live there. So we have searched for colors we like (soft grey and maybe some soft faded pink pillows) and made sure they are neutral and pale enough for the feeling of lightness in the room.



Now I can promise no more decorating hints, not my style actually, but it just popped in to my head that with a little changes you could maybe better feel good even if in bed. Maybe. A bit. I hope.

I planned to write about snailmal and journaling, but I have a feeling it might once again left a bit out of hand. But next time! I try to, at least. I'm not a person of long term plans and even though I tried to make some how-to-do lessons about decorating envelopes or journal pages my style, I couldn't. When the flow hits, there is nothing else in my mind than just doing, and forget everything else, including resting... So at the moment, only photos of finished things. With my energy, diy-videos are out of question too, so ven if there are lots and lots of lovely people there asking me nicely to give lessons about "harvinaisenkauniselama style", I apologize. I can't. Not now anyway.



By the way, if you didn't already know,  harvinaisen kaunis elämä means unique/rare/unusually/expectionally beautiful life. Harvinainen is a Finnish word that has a douple meaning as both rare and unique.

But now, till the next time. I hope you have many reasons for smile, and can find that light in your heart, it does exist there already, you just have to find it. Unless, of course, you already have.




6 comments:

  1. So beautiful, your words, your soul shining out like a beacon of hope for others, and light to the world. I don't know who you are yet I feel your spirit, in my spirit. Be strong, be at peace. Remain light. Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Valerie! I am so delighted to notice there are some people actually reading my blog, and your words just gave me reason to write.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and inspiring words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much to teach all of us. You have such strength. It is infectious, how can one read this and not look around and see things differently? Stay strong, please keep writing and sharing beautiful photographs, and songs, and words. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how this delighted me so! Thank you! I try to write more often, definitely! Hugs back to you, dear!

      Delete